Friday, December 6, 2013

2013 Tour - Nordic Christmas Living Room

It's time to share our bedecked living room with you all!  White, cream, grey and of course Christmas green colors keep it peaceful, with added pops of colorful vintage shiny brites.  I'll try to keep quiet and let you look around ...





(all stockings for sale in my Etsy shop)






(stockings for sale in Etsy shop)

Colorful vintage shiny brites and handmade angels on the tree...


My recent Santos cage doll creation has been adorned for Christmas:


In this corner is a whimsical winter wonderland...

(I'll share how I transformed this white house in another post)

This corner is also where I added some Tilda delights...here are a ballerina and toy soldier I made using patterns in the Tilda's Fairy Tale Wonderland book.  I'll share more on this corner in another post:


Angels are welcome with this handmade sign over the couch...





Here is my attempt at a mounted reindeer head.  I used a pattern in this year's Better Home & Gardens Christmas Ideas magazine to make it from felt and a wooden plaque:


(I just had to add silver bells to these adorable Nativity animals)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this tour of our Nordic style living room.  I'll be back early next week with photos of our sparkling dining room.  Wishing you all a Blessed Advent!

I'll be sharing the tour over at these fun parties:
Grey Dey Thursdey
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

22 comments:

Unknown said...

...loveliness dear Susan!
So many pretties to see! Adore the Tilda ballerina and soldier and the feather wreath and...and...
this could take awhile ~ lol!!

Happiest Holidays!
xo, Rosemary

Donna said...

Wow, your living room is just gorgeous, Susan! I love all of the soothing tones of light blue, white, silver and gray. All of your creations are so pretty and oh so romantic! Love your oversized wire basket with the magazines, too! You've been busy!!

June said...

Absolutely gorgeous Susan! I love every bit of your beautiful Christmas house!
hugs from here...

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks so pretty--I love your sense of style! Enjoy the season :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

beautiful and peaceful, so many lovely touches!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Susan! I love all your vignettes. I'm still trying to get pictures of the bit of decorating I did.

Victoria said...

Wow, that was some amazing eye candy! I love everything!!! Your tree looks so beautiful and I love the dark wood armoire!

Anonymous said...

So many pretty things without being overwhelming. It has a magical feel!

Unknown said...

serenely beautiful mon amie! so many lovely JDL touches everywhere . what a magical xmas you create for your dear family. even though you might think they don't "take notice"....they will always remember it.....trust me!

Rhonda said...

It's gorgeous! Inviting, warm and cozy all at the same time! All the sweet touches of "you". Very nordic and very French. I adore that basket of Frenchness. xo Rhonda

Junkchiccottage said...

Susan,
It is just gorgeous. Loved the tour and needed to go back over the pictures a few times. So pretty.
Great job.
Kris

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Oh so beautiful Susan...going back so I don't miss a single detail!!

Bente said...

Your christmas home is absolutely beautiful.

Hugs from here

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Susan! It's all so beautiful!! Love the sweet simplicity of it all! I think my favorite thing is your gorgeous feather wreath! :)

xoxo laurie

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous, just gorgeous, susan:) love your living and dinging room decor for the holidays!

Okio B Designs said...

You have the touch Susan! I can't get over how beautiful your photos and Xmas touches are. Brava!

Jeanine

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Thank you for the dream... Love everything couldn't choose if I had to !!
xoxo from PARIS

………….. ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
………….. ⋯ ✰ ⋯
………….. ⋰ ⋮ ⋱
……… …….*•♥•*
…… ……. *♥♫♫♥*’.
… …….. *♥•♦♫••♥*
……… *♥☺♥☺♥☺♥*
………*♥•♥#♠*♥#♥•♥* ‘
……..*♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫♥♫* ‘
…….*♥♥☺♥♫♥♫♥☺♥♥*’
……*♥♥♣♫♥♣♥♥♣♥♫ ♣♥♥*’
….’*♥♥♣♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫ ♥♣♥♥*’
….*~~**~~**~***~~**~~*
….(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____███████████
♥:♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥:

The Charm of Home said...

So pretty! you have given me inspiration on what to do with my Mary and a lace crown I have yet to make! Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Donna Wilkes said...

So many beautiful vignettes it is hard to pick a favorite. I love how the themes are carried from place to place - very quiet ans serene.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Loving your nordic christmas! Everything is so beautiful.

~Shanon

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Every.last.photo!!!

xx

T

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Your Christmas home is so elegant and beautiful Susan and I'm delighted to feature it today on a special Shabbilicious Friday features day.
Merry Christmas,
Kerryanne xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...