Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Our Girl's Fairy Tale Wonderland

It's been such a long time since I've shared our daughter's room here!  Here are quite a few photos to make up for lost time.  :)

I found a vintage doll bed at an antiques store not long ago, and prettied it up for her room.  It now makes a perfect "Princess and the Pea" bed for our little girl.


The bed got a coat of creamy white paint, and I added craft store finials to the posts.

You may recognize that I modeled this photo after the cover of my new favorite craft book, "Tilda's Fairy Tale Wonderland":

I used some Tilda fabrics on the mattresses:

The crown came from none other than Rosemary of Villabarnes.  She's so talented!

I used a vintage veil for the canopy:

Rosemary graciously included a lovely cameo when I ordered the crown from her, so I affixed it to the headboard on the bed.  So romantic!

The doll bed is placed alongside our little girl's vintage bed:


An inspiration board hangs above, reminding her to 'Wish':

This dreamy fairy queen made by Abby is just breathtaking:

I know I've mentioned before that the red scroll fabric on the back of this inspiration board came from a cloth shower curtain I got many years ago.  I used it on this board as well as a quilt on her bed, pillow cover, heart sachet and backing to a cabinet.  It went a long way!

I love to use our daughter's first initial to personalize the room, as on the embroidered pillow above and on this shelf:
The 'A' crown was made by Amy!

I covered the paper mache "A" with a doily, as inspired by a Victoria magazine article.  This ballerina cone was something fun to make as well:

The shelf hangs above her bed:

Also over her bed is this ribbon badge I made, inspired by a Somerset Life article by Petite Michelle Louise:

The other corner of the room holds her built-in cabinet space.  This room is tiny, so the storage is much appreciated!

My first Tilda doll sits here comfortably over the radiator shelf.

I finally added wings to the doll, again personalized with embroidery of our daughter's initials:

Some Tilda bunnies add a bit of whimsy:

Thanks for stopping by this fairy tale land!

Oh, and be sure to visit Kerryanne to see her latest addition of Simply Shabbilicious Magazine.  I'm so grateful she featured a sachet from my Etsy store in the magazine - thank you Kerryanne!

Sharing with:
Blissful Whites Wednesday
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Shabbilicious Friday

23 comments:

It's me said...

Owwww so lovely Susan !!!...love from me ...x !

chateau chic said...

Your daughter's bedroom is so adorable and just like a fairy tale room. All of your special touches gives it that dreamy feel. Love the doll's bed!!!
Mary Alice

Anne said...

What a beautiful room! And that doll bed is so sweet too <3
Congratulations on your feature!
xx
Anne

Junkchiccottage said...

Susan,
This is so sweet. Congrats on the feature. That is a beautiful magazine that Kerryanne puts out. Have a great week.
Kris

Marilyn said...

Looks like a calm, dreamy wonderland.♥♫

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Susan,
Thank you for gracing your beauty over at my place and taking the time to comment.
As for your fairy tale room or should I say princess bed, it brings back. So many memories of me doing just this....making little doll beds, and there homes, along with dollhouses and paper doll theatres like the ones I have listed in my etsy! You should stop on over at my etsy perhaps one of my French theatres of opera and dance would inspire you to make one for your daughter as well.

I just love the story the princess and the pea and your bed of mattress is divine. Also I adore Rosemary's crowns, I make them as well but I am more intrigued with others work then my own.

See you soon, keep inspiring your creative beauty.
Oh almost forgot to tell you your daughters room is a room you would find in a cottage magazine shabby chic in style, a room to love.

Xx
Doré

Debra@CommonGround said...

Perfect for a sweet Princess' bedroom!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I'm sure your daughter is delighted! Heck, I'm delighted! I love the Tilda books and I don't even sew. Love those bunnies!

pballard said...

Adore the space. Thanks for sharing.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a beautiful bedroom! I love Tilda fabrics. The canopy is so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work on your room! Very inspirational!

Heather said...

What a beautiful and peaceful room your Audrey has! Love the soothing colors and how far you made that shower curtain fabric stretch!

The bed for your Princess and the Pea doll is absolutely perfect! Its just like the one in the book! :D

Victoria said...

What a perfectly beautiful room! It's a little girl's dream!!! I love the little doll's bed:)

Little Cottage said...

Such a sweet & serene room!
Your memo board brought back tons of memories from long time ago, when I made similar boards in "Shabby Chic/Rachel Ashwell" fabrics and sold on eBay (those where the days when it was big profit selling there).
I always love to peek in to your blog, but so slow to give you appropriate compliments!
Now you got me really wanting to buy the TILDA book :)
- Sylvi

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

OMGosh Susan, her room looks so sweet! Love the shot of the two beds together!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Now that's a little girls dream room...love it!!

Donna said...

What a beautiful room you've created for your daughter, Susan! The doll and her bed are just too sweet! Love the mattresses, and the veil too! And I really love how you used that pretty fabric for so many things, like the gorgeous inspiration board. Congrats on your feature!!

Vintage Market Place said...

Susan I so adore your talent of making these sweet dolls. They look amazing.
Your home is so simple and yet so full of love. What a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful momma who loves to sew up such lovely things for her room.
AMy

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm drooling!
Jamie @Better With Age

Amy Kinser said...

Such a lovely little girl's room. Every detail wonderful!

My oldest daughter had a doll named Tilda Baby so reading that throughout your blog made me reminisce a little.

farmhouse-story said...

so dreamy and charming, susan:) LOVE both beds!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Susan, it is a room fit for a sweet little princess. You just can't go wrong with Tilda as a theme. Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Just popping back to let you know that I am featuring this post at Shabbilicious Friday tomorrow.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...