Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter Reflections

This week finds me purging, cleaning, organizing and crafting.  Typical January activities for many of you I'm sure.  Unfortunately the 'crafting' part has taken lower priority since the cleaning has been for necessity.
But I did want to share a purse I finally finished this week.  It is a textured crochet bag - perfect for little winter shopping outings.


I used a free Lion Brand pattern as my guide (www.marthastewart.lionbrand.com/patterns/L10211.html).  I modified the sides to use a crochet cable rib pattern instead of the stitches in the instructions.  I thought it looked nicer with my chunky blue wool.  The inside got a muslin lining, while the wood handles (from JoAnn's craft store) were simply sewn on using extra yarn.


It is my plan this year to share more projects, tutorials and crafts on this blog.  I'll try to give more detailed specs about how I created things.  This community is all about sharing.  :)

Of course I'll still show any decorating I've been up to...such as this winter white dining room:


The Tilda's World angels are still here, and nearby I piled some pretty fabric and ribbon notions to keep me inspired. I think I'd like to add more of this lavender color from the fabric corsage into the dining room:

These little trees were kept on display since it's still winter...


Stay warm my friends!

Sharing with:
Be Inspired Friday
Blissful White Wednesday

11 comments:

Anne said...

I am doing lots of cleaning too Susan! It feels good giving everything a good cleaning.The weather is very spring like around here right now.But soon the cold will pass through again!Love that sweet purse you made.The color is so pretty too!
xx
Anne

It's me said...

It all is so nice Susan,,,love those angels....and your bag !! ..and thw words...i love it all...love from me...xxx...

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The purse is sweet :) Love the angel wings on the candleholder :)!

Sandi said...

Your blog always inspires me Susan! Lovely home with your beautiful touches. That purse is sweet also!
Blessings~

Blondie's Journal said...

Your angels are beautiful and I fell in love with the crochet purse...love that shade of blue. You are doing pretty well in the crafts area!

I think we all have been purging and organizing...not much else to do in January! The best thing I did was get rid of all of my old coats; winter, spring and fall. Why I hang on to things...some were 15 years old and had seen better days! lol!

Take care and stay warm!

XO,
Jane

Vintage Market Place said...

my cleaning has been put on hold for now.
But I love that little bag so chunky I love the stitches!
I have a feeling I will be on my couch crocheting alot in the next few weeks.
It has turned winter here...a low of 27 this weekend...brrrr.
Amy

a shade fancier said...


I love the bag --- not to mention how clean and neat the stitches appear. By the way Susan, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. It sure does help for us new folks in blog land!
Missy M

Donna said...

What a pretty purse, Susan! I love the color, and the handles as well! This time of year I am always in the mood to purge and organize too. I try and put things I don't need in a bag and stick in my car. That way I get the stuff out of the house, and swing by the thrift shop to donate it while I'm out and about! Love all of your pretty winter whites:)

Anne said...

Hello, Dear! Everything is so pretty! I've come to your blog from the blog of one of my sweet commenters ~ you know how that goes ~ :) ~ Now following you!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Your winter look is beautiful,
Really enjoyed your use of the scrabble letter, looks great, as does everything you did.
blessings for a Wonderful Winter and New year,
Nellie

Tina´s PicStory said...

such a beautiful deko! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...