Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Sunday couldn't have been a brighter day to spend time shopping with my picker sister friends, Michelle and Karen.  We shopped our little feet out and scored some serious bargains at our local flea market and White Elephant shop.  There were giggles and gasps of delight as we uncovered discarded items that just needed a little love. 
I was so impressed with Karen's eye for the rustic farmhouse pieces, and Michelle's vision for everything we touched.  She had so many rusty old items transformed already in her creative mind, and gave us great ideas.
Without further adieu, here is what came home with me...

Amazing old platter, ironstone dish and buttons:

These trophies have seen better days - one is missing a handle and the other is somewhat melted(?).  But they are from the early 1900's:

They are resting on the prettiest twin summer coverlet.  I was so touched that once I met the ladies at the flea market, they took me right over to a vendor selling this coverlet.  It looks to be handmade from the palest of blue seersucker fabric, with white lace trim down the middle and a white ruffle hem.  They knew I would love it! 

Blue and white plates - of course!

I got these other pretty plates to use at my daughter's 5th birthday tea party this weekend.  So sweet!

A charming florentine box...

Michelle and I salvaged these crochet threads from the buck hut at the White Elephant.  Aged to perfection, I'd say.  And look at that adorable candle Michelle gave me with the 'picka sista' bathing beauties.  I love it!

Thank you Michelle!

It's never too early to shop for Christmas.  This Santa caught my eye, as he had a Jeanne D'Arc Living style about him.  I plan to change out his garish gold gifts for something more to my liking:
(oops - gotta wash his face, too)

Is it me, or does Santa look like he's been enjoying the Christmas punch?

And here we are at the flea market.  I think we spent 45 minutes or so in this area alone - those crates nearby are dollar bins.  Woo hoo!  (or should I say yee-haw! in my Texan husband's cowboy hat)
(me, Michelle, Karen)

The first time Michelle and I visited the White Elephant we grabbed some rustic rakes for our blog photo.  It seemed right to keep up that tradition, 'cause we were certainly pickin'!
(Michelle, Karen)
(Michelle, me)
(me with sun in my eyes, Karen)

Of course we had to get that White Elephant sign in our photos, too. 
Thanks ladies - I had the best time!!! Please join us next time, Sandi!
Make sure you visit Michelle's blog PetiteMichelleLouise.blogspot.com and Karen's blog AShabbyMomentinTime.blogspot.com to see their loot (let's just say I was the one that behaved).  Not to mention they also visited a nearby vintage fair which sounded dreamy. 

Oh, and don't forget to enter my Somerset Life magazine giveaway!

Sharing with:
White Wednesday
Vintage Inspiration Friday

10 comments:

Anne said...

WOW how fun!Shopping with girl friends is always the best.And looks like you found some awesome treasures too!
((Hugs))
Anne

Unknown said...

I'm reliving all the fun as I read this beautiful post mon amie! what a special..special day with you both!! I look forward to many more Picker Sister outings with you. l will be posting "my take" on the day real soon!

Marilyn said...

All I can think of is how hot it is here and how fun your shopping trip looked!♥♫

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

What a PERFECT DAY is was Susan! Perfect weather, wonderful company and terrific finds hunting with my "picker sisters". I can't wait to post about it too. I haven't even had time to empty the treasures out of my jeep yet. :) I'm so thrilled that you scored that blue coverlet. Michelle and I knew the moment that we saw it...it was meant for YOU and your lovely home for sure. And I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for gifting me with that copy of "Somerset Life" Magazine that you and Michelle were published in. I'll treasure it always and I'm honored that you would think of me. You are just too sweet Susan!!
Blessings & hugs while dreaming of the Tuscan Sun, (hee hee)
Karen
P.S. I'll be emailing you soon!

Sandi said...

I know you had barrels of fun because I would with my friends too!! Glad you had a wonderful time and found some amazing treasures.
BLessings!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You girls look beautiful!
Loving all the treasures you brought home, especially the plates for the tea party ~ how fun!
Happy Birthday to your little princess!

Debra@CommonGround said...

what could be sweeter than a day with girlfriends, unless it's that day spent looking for vintage goodies! Love seeing your finds and great photos of you girls, I think they may be better behaved than Anne! te he!

Mary Ellen Shia said...

You girls look like you had so much fun, and you grabbed some great finds. I hope some of them end up in the shop.

awal.ny said...

Great finds and it looks like you had a lot of fun. It is always more fun to go flea marketing with friends and four or six eyes are better than two when you are looking for something special. Happy 4th.

m.lisa said...

so much fun you had! the items are amazing and you, girl, look tre fab in that cowboy and aviator look! can't wait to see you in person to hear all about your pickins, etc:) again congrats on the magazine! well deserved and I know many more will follow!
xoxoxo
m

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...