Monday, June 18, 2012

Evelyn and Rose - in Somerset Life magazine!

Dear friends, I've got some exciting news to share - this little blog, my corner of the world to share decorating & crafting fun - is featured in the summer issue of Somerset Life magazine!
I nearly fell off my desk chair when I got an email from one of the Stampington publications' editors, Jennifer Jackson Taylor.  She asked if I was interested in writing an article about blogging, and sharing photos from this blog.  Although there was no one else in the room, I got that 'is she talking to me???' feeling of uncertainty.  I think I practically shouted 'YES!' in my immediate and giddy response.   


The first Somerset Life magazine I ever purchased was the summer issue of 2009, when I spotted a feature from one of my favorite inspirational bloggers - Heather Bullard.  Since then, I've been such a fan of this magazine, as well as other Stampington Co. publications.  They are chock full of crafting inspiration, beautiful photos and friendly blogs.  This is truly an honor, and quite surreal, to actually be published in an issue!         

The issue is due out on newstands July 1st, but I received my copy in the mail today.  What a thrill to open to page 8 and see this:
 
My dear 'picker sister' friend Michelle from PetiteMichelleLouise blog is also featured in this issue, making it extra special.  The work she contributes to this issue is breathtaking.  What an honor to share this with her and other amazing artists, and quite a dream come true.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

...oh how happy and delighted you must be ~ congrats to you for a few beautiful pages in living color:)

LoVE the daybed post below!!

xo, Rosemary

stefanie said...

congrats!!!!!I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

It's me said...

So nice to see you in that magazine darling!!!......congratulations.....love Ria....xxx..

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Congrats, Susan. Your blog is beautiful. You deserve it.

Sandi said...

Congratulations on your feature! I am excited to see it!! :)
Blessings~

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Shriek! Can't wait to get my copy Susan. Congrats!

Hugs,
Judy

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I am so happy, excited, thrilled and proud of you Susan!!! Your blog is amazing and you so deserve this!
Congrats girlfriend...sending you a great big hug!!

Marilyn said...

WOW!! Congratulations! ♥♫

Anne said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Susan! I knew it was just a matter time before I'd see you featured in SL. Your work and pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to get my hands on the issue.

xo, abby

All Things Chic 2 said...

Wow
I'm so very happy for you, you deserve the reignition...
Blessings Lori ~

Donna said...

I am SO excited for you, Susan! I always said that your beautiful home and creations should be in a magazine:) I've never purchased Somerset magazines before, but I will most definitely pick one up! And how neat that you and Michelle are in the same issue!!!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Congrats! I can't wait to get my copy! So exciting!

~Shanon

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan I am so thrilled for you!!! It's about time your gorgeous home was published!!! Now we just need to get you in Victoria magazine! :)
Enjoy my friend!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Unknown said...

HI Susan, How fabulous,CONGRATULATIONS, such a special thing. Love all that you show on your blog.

Kindredly, Lynnie

pballard said...

I am not surprised that you are featured. I love your blog and all the inspiration I get from it. Congrats..

Monica said...

So glad to see you there! Very well done, Susan, keep flying :)
Hugs!

farmhouse-story said...

big congrats, susan! your blog is so charming, it so belongs in magazines:)

Unknown said...

no words needed here.....you KNOW how happy I am for you!! See you on Sunday to celebrate!! ;)

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

I am thrilled to the moon and back again for you!!! You deserve this honor sweet lady...your blog is a feast for the eyes and for the soul.
Looking forward to our adventure together on Sunday. Wow..."pickin'" with a celebrity...actually two of you (Dear Michelle of course)
Just pray I don't get lost on the way. :)
Blessings & hugs,
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...